Business Analyst (Salesforce)
This position works closely with various groups (Finance, IT, Sales and Marketing) to seek out new and efficient ways to gather, analyze, and provide sales, revenue, and other pertinent KPI data for senior management. The format of this data may be dashboards, ad hoc queries, profitability reports, etc. This data will come primarily from Salesforce but may come from other systems such as NAV (GL).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA with a finance or quantitative emphasis preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in sales, sales forecasting, sales operations, sales enablement.
- 1 or more years of experience in using/creating reports from Salesforce preferred.
- Strong knowledge in utilizing advanced Excel spreadsheet capabilities (pivot tables, vlookups) by which to conduct sophisticated financial analysis and modeling; collecting data from a variety of resources; designing charts and graphs for presentation purposes, measuring sales and unit data.
- Prefer knowledge of writing end-user requirements for system modification to Salesforce. This individual will work closely with IT to ensure Salesforce provides the detailed financial information required by senior management.
- Works with Salesforce.com customer information, sales forecasting modeling tools, and operational metrics for sales analysis and forecasting across all product lines.
- Investigates ways of implementing the integration of BI systems such as Mastervision into Salesforce. Helps to build reports, tools, and dashboards for sales staff and senior management for on-going and ad hoc analysis of product sales pipeline and revenues.
- Drives increased adoption and consistent usage of Saleforce by the Sales and Marketing team by enhancing the staff’s knowledge and skill level of Salesforce through training and documentation.
- Works with Sales and Marketing senior management and ITS on the detailed design, configuration, testing and rollout of new Salesforce.com features and solutions.
- Assists the Manager of Business planning with developing monthly revenue forecasts for database revenue and reporting monthly KPI’s.
- Ad hoc reports and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law