Logistics Support Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
The Logistics Manager has a key operational role for providing logistics support to schools and departments within Facilities. Strategically plans and manages the warehouse, supply procedures, automotive/equipment repair shop, records retention, mail delivery services and office administration. Develops plans and procedures to ensure that customer needs are met and works towards excellence to satisfy the challenges of customer satisfaction while assisting in keeping operations efficient and constantly driving down overall costs. Reviews, develops, standardizes and implements operating methods, procedures and practices to assure maximum efficiency and troubleshoots any issues. Directly supervises and manages the Logistics Garage Manager, Warehouse I Manager, Property Control/Mail Services Manager and Logistics Warehouse Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Develops procedures for the overall operation of logistics and automotive support for Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
2. Ensures the maximum use of available manpower and equipment in the most efficient and effective manner.
3. Approves and disapproves all requisitions, drafts, bids for parts and services to support all logistics and automotive requirements
4. Responsible for the overall financial management of the office to include but not limited to recommendations for changes to the current budget, analysis of spending trends, recommendations to improve financial accountability, publish and distribute the weekly leafs report and any other special reports.
5. Collaborates with the Division of Facilities Fiscal Staff for all matters pertaining to budget account issues.
6. Collaborates with the Division of Facilities Human Resources Specialist for all matters relating to Human Resources including position control/funding issues, job descriptions, recruiting and employee relations issues.
7. Investigates and resolves complaints regarding automotive maintenance problems or other logistics functions.
8. Reviews and approves performance evaluations for Logistics staff. Evaluates performance for managers that are a direct report.
9. Assists in planning and conducting training and safety programs for logistics employees.
10. Assists in the development and updating of school equipment master computerized program.
11. Responds and provides access to garage and all logistics warehouses during emergency situations as needed.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management: Logistics, Facilities Management or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
· Five (5) years of experience in either supply chain management, business process management, logistics business management, facilities management or warehouse operations of which at least three (3) years was at a responsible management level OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessments, quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer service.
· Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices to support financial data management and reporting.
· Skilled in the identification of complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and written in an effective manner with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated proficiency with software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or PowerPoint).
· Possession of a valid Class (C) Maryland driver's license, plus proof of a good driving record.
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.