Development Coordinator - Finance & Administration
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine provide authoritative and objective advice on vital public policy challenges related to science, engineering, and medicine. They are also a force in advancing science, engineering, and medical education and developing the next generation of leaders in those fields.
The Office of Development is responsible for fundraising from private, corporate and foundation sources for the National Academies.
Provides complex administrative and staff support services for the Development Office.
Supports the work of the Development Office by performing logistical, administrative, and financial tasks essential to fundraising activities. Coordinates meeting and travel arrangements and prepares related materials. Serves as the administrative liaison to both internal and external contacts. Prepares reports, statistics, and maintains database records.
Under general supervision, incumbent provides complex administrative support for a major unit or board. Work requires continuous use of detailed knowledge of organizational operations, procedures, and staff. May establish processes/procedures to ensure the effective and efficient operation of routine support functions. Leads and mentors support and temporary employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Oversees logistical arrangements for prospect visits and meetings, including coordinating travel and lodging arrangements and setting appointments.
2. Manages travel and calendars; completes travel expense reports for development staff.
3. Performs a variety of advanced office tasks including drafting and editing correspondence and acknowledgement letters for corporation and foundation grants.
4. Maintains and updates records and databases of foundation and corporate funding approaches.
5. Ensures that proposals, actions, and media for individual major gifts and planned gifts activity are entered in Raiser’s Edge accurately and on a timely basis.
6. Performs financial tasks, including the preparation of invoice vouchers and credit card reconciliation. Monitors and tracks expenditures for budget process. Interfaces with staff on issues relating to project activity numbers and related charges, proposals, monthly reports, and invoices.
7. Arranges and executes unit meetings. Develops and prepares meeting agendas and materials. Arranges conference calls.
8. Participate as needed in the general activities of the Development Office, including support of other staff and special projects as needed.
9. Answers and forwards telephone calls as appropriate. Handles other general office functions as assigned. Development Office product ordering.
10. Maintains direct knowledge of institutional policies and procedures affecting the unit’s work and ensures assignments are carried out in accordance with these policies and procedures. Serves as a resource on National Academies' policies, procedures, and practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates. Ability to solve problems using selection and application of extensive procedures, precedents, and rules. Ability to operate with some latitude for independent judgment and action. Ability to work successfully in a team environment. High level of organization and strong attention to detail. Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness. Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in other National Academies’ departments through effective communication. Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
If you already have an account created with the Academies, to apply to this position, click “Add to my Jobs” with your login information. If this is your first time applying with the Academies, please click “Apply for this position” below.