Are you ready to join a dynamic, success-focused team?
The Townsend Group, a subsidiary of SmithBucklin, is looking for an Account Coordinator to join the team in Washington DC. The Townsend Group specializes in national advertising, sponsorship and exhibit sales for associations. This is an exciting and challenging position for a high-energy individual with a keen interest in digital media, print media and in person events. When you join our team, you'll be part of a group of media professionals who use imagination, solid experience, a winning attitude and a competitive spirit to exceed client expectations.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with association clients and in-house colleagues to design and execute programs to exceed client revenue goals
- Maintain regular communication with association clients and advertisers, exhibitors and sponsors regarding upcoming deadlines, ad material collection, etc.
- Traffic advertising artwork for print, digital, and sponsorship opportunities
- Prepare and submit production and financial reports to association clients
- Maintain weekly client sales reports for in-house Chief Executive Officer
- Participate in client meetings and attend conferences and tradeshows on an as-needed basis
- Prospect for new advertisers and/or clients
- Manage new and existing client databases and contracts
- Assist with various promotional efforts, to include writing and other marketing tactics; track responses to promotions and report leads to National Sales Managers
- Monitor general site statistics for clients' websites and digital products (e.g., e-newsletters, e-blasts and webinars) using Google Analytics or similar software
- Partner with the sales team, association and production teams to improve campaign performance based on client goal
- Implement, monitor and optimize online advertising campaigns using DFP, BanManPro, Ad Juggler or other tools in a timely and accurate manner
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have an interest in new digital media and technologies
- You have a positive, upbeat attitude and a high degree of energy
- You have a demonstrated willingness to take on new and challenging projects
- You possess an intense attention to detail and accuracy
- You exhibit the ability to work autonomously and manage own projects
- You have the ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university
- 0-1 year of relevant professional experience
- Experience in publishing, advertising or similar industries
- Interest in selling B2B advertising in the future is a plus
- Ad trafficking experience with a major commercial ad serving platform, such as DART for Publishers, Atlas, Ad Juggler is a plus
- Experience with HTML is a plus
- Familiarity with Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standards and best practices is a plus
- Skill and experience using Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.