Director of Research
The Director of Research will serve as the scientific lead for AICR, oversee the research programs and represent the organization externally. This is a hands-on position within a small but busy department and involves liaison with our international research team in the UK.
The qualified candidate must be a professional, highly motivated and reliable individual with superior analytical, organizational, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Must also be able to build and maintain effective working relationships and a good rapport with internal colleagues and external contacts and be comfortable speaking in public.
The position is full time and based in Arlington, VA with occasional travel.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD degree (required) that relates to AICR’s mission (human nutrition, physical activity, epidemiology, cancer biology, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to act as a spokesperson and participate in related media activities (required)
- Demonstrable understanding of epidemiology as applied to nutrition, physical activity, and/or cancer
- Excellent analytic, evaluation, and scientific writing skills
- Experience working in public health or research environments, preferably in cancer research
- A knowledge and understanding of systematic literature review and grant application processes is desirable
- Ability to keep oneself up to date on relevant scientific issues
- An interest in and commitment to healthy lifestyles, evidence based health promotion and working with scientific and other health related organizations
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.