Information Systems Director
The purpose of this position is to provide strategic and technical leadership, managing and coordinating all aspects of technology and information services in support of the Association's goals and operations. Emphasis is placed on managing multiple technology priorities and the direction of all work related to day-to-day management of staff and operations for network administration, data management, business intelligence, business systems analysis, cybersecurity, and application development services. Specific activities include long-range planning, technology project portfolio management and resource management, budget development and management, assuring the quality of system implementation, communicating project and long range plan status to management and users, and working closely with vendors and external organizations.
- Takes a proactive role in identifying and meeting the technology and information systems needs of the National Office (N.O.). Analyzes requests for IS services, evaluates for conformance to long-range plans, and formulates plan to accomplish and implement the project. This includes prioritizing, assigning, and directing all related application development and technology acquisition activities.
- Performs operational and strategic technology planning to accomplish ASHA's objectives including budget estimates and timelines for implementation.
- Provides coaching and leadership to IS Service Cluster staff and assures on-time and accurate completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Ensures the integrity, availability, and security of hardware, software, and data through establishing and enforcing technology policies and procedures.
- Approves the selection, purchase, and installation of information technology hardware, software, and related services, negotiates purchase agreements, and manages vendor relationships.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with business owners throughout the N.O.
- Conducts feasibility analysis of emerging technology to determine if and how it might benefit ASHA.
- Ensures N.O. staff receive timely and effective response and resolution to technology issues.
- Develops and manages IS operating and capital budgets.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in information systems or business administration
- Six to ten years of directly related work experiences
- Four or more years supervisory experience leading groups of 15 or more
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Application development experience
- Familiarity with network management
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated success in conducting operational and strategic planning activities in large, complex member associations or similar not-for-profit organizations
- Demonstrated success in conducting feasibility studies and developing implementation plans
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in developing and enhancing the information technology resources for a major organization
- Experience with a large professional association is preferred
- Involvement in professional activities
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Information Systems Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly