Cyber Security Analyst Vulnerability Management TS/SCI Required - Norfolk, VA
This candidate will performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Typical duties include:
Typical duties include:
- Broad scope of tasks associated with vulnerability management; system and application scanning; compliance reporting and other cyber security tasks related to identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities.
- Performs VM functions related to audit/inspection; infrastructure support; certification and accreditation; detection and response support services.
- Executes policies and guidance provided by senior functional/technical leads.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Requires DOD 8570 to IAT-II and CNDSP Specialty-Auditor
- ACAS and Linux training/experience desired.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI Polygraph.