About the Position:
These positions are located at Ft. Meade, MD.
Ft. Meade, MD consists of 5,415 acres with 65.5 miles of paved roads, 3.3 miles of secondary roads, and about 1,300 buildings. There is a modern exchange mall, bank, credit union, post office, chapels and many other facilities. Ft. Meade's climate is warm during summer when temperatures tend to be in the 70's, and very cold during winter when temperatures tend to be in the 30's. For more information please visit: http://www.ftmeade.army.mil/index.html
- As opportunities occur, referral lists may be issued from this announcement. Candidates will be contacted directly by the hiring organization when they are being considered for a position.
- This announcement may be used to fill permanent, temporary, or term positions.
- This announcement may be used to fill supervisory positions.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines that it's in the best interest of the government
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) may be required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- A pre-placement physical examination is required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- This position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. You must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- If required, applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Licensure: A current license to practice as a practical/vocational nurse in a State or territory of the United States or District of Columbia OR must have applied for a license to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license. Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if licensure has not been attained.
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of nursing experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Nursing Experience is defined as: providing nursing care to patients, collecting specimens for lab analysis, such as drawing blood, swabbing throats, needle sticks, and eye/throat/nasal and wound cultures; administering medications or immunizations to patients, and performing patient procedures or treatments, such as electrocardiograms, wound re-dressing, ear irrigations, finger stick glucose, urine dipsticks, insertion and removal of catheters, visual acuity tests, and phlebotomies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable