Real Estate Quality Control Supervisor
PenFed is hiring an Real Estate Supervisor, Quality Control in Alexandria, VA. This position is responsible for supervising a team of quality control analysts. Responsibilities include training, guidance & oversight of reviews for first and second trust real estate loans. The QC Supervisor also assists the Origination unit by providing user training involving Quality Control review feedback
- Supervises staff members to ensure production is complete by determined deadlines.
- Understands, interprets and provides staff guidance for all compliance and credit underwriting documentation & data accuracy.
- Routinely assists in sampling both closed loans and loans in processing to verify that loan documents are complete and accurate and PFCU Policies and Procedures were followed.
- Follows Fannie Mae (FNMA), Veterans Administration (VA) and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) quality control standards and requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning real estate related lending.
- Maintains working knowledge of internal policies and procedures and external regulations which affect the department.
- Provides input to and assists in the establishment of policies and procedures.
- Assists in the production and distribution of regularly scheduled department reports. Assist with the development and implementation of real estate document review standards.
- Prepares and delivers training materials, both in writing and in a class room format.
- Participates in related special projects. Assists with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Three (3) years work experience in banking or credit union operations that provides a working knowledge of products, services, systems, operational policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance issues is required.
- Experience with real estate loans (origination, processing, closing, funding) is required.
- Requires working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills required.
- Broad knowledge of consumer real estate lending, including first trust mortgage loans, home equity loans and lines of credit, underwriting and servicing.
- Familiarity with lending and credit laws and regulations, including but not limited to RESPA, Fair Credit Reporting, Regulations B, C, E and Z, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) Truth in Savings and the SAFE act.
- Ability to organize, participate in, and conduct effective meetings and training sessions with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent research skills and ability to document findings and project work. Knowledge of the primary resources for tracking federal and state banking laws.
This position will supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
XUse of computer
XUse of telephone
XUse of office equipment
XPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Travel Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.