Day Care Center Supervisor
Coordinates and oversees the daily on-site operation of School Age Child Care (SACC) programs serving children in grades K-6th, and children with special needs. Plans and implements a program of appropriate experiences for school-age children. Supervises, trains and evaluates staff. Builds and maintains relationships with school personnel and parents.
Note: This job announcement may be used to fill multiple full-time Day Care Center Supervisor positions at other day care center locations throughout Fairfax County.
Scheduling: This is a 42-week school year position with summer breaks off, therefore refer to the hourly pay rate only. Depending on the school calendar, appointees to these positions may be expected to work during the winter and the spring SACC program to fulfill the 42-week requirement. Split shifts are required for these positions.
Must be of at least 21 years of age and meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduate degree from a college or university in a child-related field such as elementary education, nursing, or recreation and six months of child-related programmatic experience;
- Endorsement or bachelor's degree from a college or university in a child-related field such as elementary education, nursing, or recreation and one year of child-related programmatic experience;
- 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours of college credits, of which 12 semester hours or 18 quarter hours are in child-related subjects and one year of child-related programmatic experience;
- Two years of child-related programmatic experience with one year in a staff supervisory capacity and at least one of the following education backgrounds:
- An one-year early childhood certificate from a college or university that consists of at least 30 semester hours;
- A child development credential that requires high school program completion or the equivalent and meets all of the requirements for program director credentialing specified in the Commonwealth of Virginia's Standards for Licensed Child Care Centers outlined in 22 VAC 15-30-230. A certification of qualification from an internationally or nationally recognized Montessori organization.
Bachelor's degree or higher in a child-related discipline. Two or more years of child-related programmatic experience, to include at least one year of staff supervisory experience. Demonstrated experience and proficiency in planning appropriate experiences for school age children.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background, a Child Protective Services Registry check, and a TB test to the satisfaction of the employer.
Ability to maintain the room set-up and lift up to 35 pounds. Ability to move quickly in order to respond to unsafe situations and have enough physical strength to separate children engaged in an altercation. Ability to stand, stoop, bend, stretch, walk, climb, sit, kneel, crouch, reach, crawl, and handle materials with manual dexterity; ability to operate keyboard driven equipment; ability to participate in all outdoor activities throughout the year, for example: field trips, pool excursions, hiking, etc. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.