Heavy Equipment Mechanic
7 days left
- Full Time
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
T19, $27.77 - $36.10
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport; Equipment Maintenance Department, MA-125
Open Until Filled
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs lavy sted below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
2. Four years of repair and maintenance of light and heavy mobile gasoline and diesel fueled equipment (e.g., trucks, construction equipment, buses, crash/fire equipment, police cruisers, pickups, and vans) including mechanical and hydraulic systems and components and electrical troubleshooting; OR
Four years of approved apprenticeship training in repair and maintenance of heavy mobile gasoline and diesel fueled equipment and one year of repair and maintenance of light and heavy mobile gasoline and diesel fueled equipment (e.g., construction equipment, buses, trucks, crash/fire equipment, vans, and automobiles ) including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems and components; OR
Four years of repair and maintenance experience of vehicles and 240 hours of heavy mechanical equipment vocational training.
- Ability to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 90 days of hire, or placement into the position.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Possession of a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
2. Experience maintaining and repairing heavy equipment including crash/fire equipment, construction equipment, snow removal equipment, buses, trucks, police and passenger cars for a public or government entity.
3. Certification in Refrigerant Type I and Type II, and Automotive EPA certification.
4. Certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) as an ASE mechanic.
5. National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence - ASE Certification for Automotive or Heavy Truck.
6. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia as a State Safety Inspector.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.