Manager Design Department
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Manager, Design Department
S24, $114,564 - $183,302
Washington Dulles International Airport
Design Department , MA-034
* Job Posting has been extended from 4/23/17 to 4/29/17
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other (KSAOs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAOs one (1) through (5) only. The rest of the KSAOs will be assessed during the application process.
In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAOs in a narrative format. We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that totals four years.
2. Nine years of progressively responsible experience in design management of civil and structural engineering and public contracting management that includes substantive work in most of the DUTIES in this job description including: (a) experience as a design manager in engineering and construction as the owner’s representative; (b) specialized experience in engineering design that includes significant work across the civil, environmental, and airfield systems engineering domains; and (c) experience with working under public contracting regulations such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or similar public contracting regulations.
A fully equivalent combination of education and training beyond what is needed to satisfy MQ 1 above may be substituted for up to two years of these nine years of experience. For example, a master’s degree in any field indicating the ability to successfully perform the DUTIES in this job description may be substituted for two years of experience.
3. Education, experience or training indicating the ability to perform successfully as a second level supervisor such as the ability to plan/assign/review work, deploy personnel, monitor work operations, obtain effective results and perform a full array of supervisory personnel functions.
4. Licensure as an Architect or Professional Engineer (PE) in any U.S. State or Territory.
5. Must have a valid state driver’s license in good standing.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but they are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Three years of supervisory experience as a design manager (or equivalent) for a public or private property owner/manager.
2. Formalized training in public contracting policies and procedures.
3. Licensure as an Architect or Professional Engineer (PE) in Virginia.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.