The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a not-for profit corporation that operates three Federally-Funded Research Centers (FFRDCs): the Systems and Analyses Center serving the Department of Defense; the Science and Technology Policy Institute serving the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, the National Science Foundation, the National Science Board, and other offices and councils within the executive branch of the federal government; and the Center for Communications and Computing serving the National Security Agency. IDA provides objective analyses of national security issues and related national challenges, particularly those requiring extraordinary scientific and technical expertise.
We are looking for a student or recent graduate interested in a career in Human Resources to support our HR Directorate. IDA HR is amidst a transformation to a more strategic and customer-focused team responsible for developing and maintaining HR programs to support IDA’s overall strategic goals and objectives. Process improvement is a critical component of this transformation. We are looking for an intern with a fresh perspective and a can-do attitude to help us streamline, improve, and document our internal HR processes and procedures. This assignment will involve learning current processes by reviewing existing process documents and interviewing stakeholders involved in processes; assessing and identifying opportunities for improvement; and documenting finalized processes, including drafting SOPs and creating flowcharts and diagrams. Reporting to the HR Director, the selected individual will work with all functional areas of HR.
- Minimum of two years of completed college coursework or recent graduate in business or related discipline.
- Interest in a career in HR.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively under deadlines with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of employees.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required, experience with processing mapping software such as Visio desirable.
- An understanding of process mapping is desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearance.