Cyber Security Analyst - TS/SCI Required - Norfolk, VA
This candidate will performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Typical duties include:
- Broad scope of tasks associated with vulnerability management; system and application scanning; compliance reporting and other cyber security tasks related to identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities.
- Performs VM functions related to audit/inspection; infrastructure support; certification and accreditation; detection and response support services.
- Executes policies and guidance provided by senior functional/technical leads.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Requires DOD 8570 to IAT-III and CNDSP Specialty-Auditor
- ACAS and Linux training/experience desired.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI Polygraph.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.