Laboratory Manager - Naval Medical Research Unit
This position supports the General Dynamics Information Technology program commitment of Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, Texas.
- Implement and maintain research files.
- Recommend changes to protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Modify and plan research experiments, procedures, and tests.
- Coordinate the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated laboratory research studies, including maintenance of study records and activities associated with internal and external audits in coordination with the PI.
- Assist in research design.
- Assist with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Set up, operate, modify and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Assist in preparation of purchase requests and assist with maintenance of inventory of supplies.
- Oversee the work of junior contract personnel.
- Assist PI in tracking and updating established project budgets.
- Provide additional functionality incidental to research activities.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- 5-8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.