Hardware Tech-TS/SCI - Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Follow customer procedures to dissassemble deinstalled systems.
- Wipe hard drives.
- Follow all approved customer policies, processes and procedures
- Provide desktop support during the core work hours
- Provide Level II CFP escalation support
- Work closely with Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services (DLADS) support
- Work closely with the NASIC Equipment Control Office
- Work closely with NASIC Property Custodians
- Required to replace or install approximately 112 workstations per month
- Equipment to be installed and maintained includes but is not limited to Dell and HP Windows/Linux desktop computers (to include other AFWAY desktops and workstations)
- Follow all approved NASIC policies, processes and procedures
- Install/maintain/repair/remove workstations and peripherals
- Perform supplies management in support of supplies acquisition (e.g. rack brackets, power cords, power strips)
- Provide computer inventory and accountability support in accordance with customer prescribed practices with minimal supervision
- Maintain list of toolboxes associated with this functional area
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month
- Work NASIC Microsoft System Center Service Manager tickets received and will use best OEM practices to troubleshoot and repair defective devices
- Install and move workstations and peripherals in accordance with NASIC guidelines
- Document IT devices requiring the replacement of parts using Microsoft System Center Service Manager ticketing system and Other Designated Costs (ODCs) procurement ordering process
- Receive, test, and return to Governmental bench stock all vendor repairs
- Install, test, and return to operational service for redistribution to the customers all warranty repairs
- Ensure replacement computers are operational upon installation to the customer including all software
- Ensure the customer does not lose any functionality upon receiving a new computer
* Candidate shall possess and maintain IAT Level II certification as required by DoD Directive 8570.01-M for the work being performed (Security+)
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
* Candidate shall have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
* Candidate shall have the proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.