Teacher Coordinator (eMentoring Program)
About Cricket Media:
Cricket Media is a leading international children's media company that connect kids globally to great learning experiences. Cricket Media pairs award-winning digital and physical content with safe and secure collaboration tools to connect K-12 children around the world to enlightening learning experiences. This includes 11 award-winning children’s media brands across a full spectrum of formats, languages, devices, and platforms. Cricket Media’s flagship supplemental curriculum program, CricketTogether, is an evidence-based adult/child eMentoring program that promotes collaborative, authentic, and ambitious literacy and subject matter learning for grades 3-5. Cricket Media also hosts the world’s largest community of K-12 classrooms enabling students and teachers to safely connect with like-minded learners and educators worldwide. Cricket Media puts the world in the hands of students and teachers by facilitating authentic and dynamic exchanges and collaborations with thousands of classrooms in almost 200 countries and territories. To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
CricketTogether, Cricket Media’s award-winning flexible Employee/Community Engagement program connects online reading of award-winning content, a structured curriculum, and adult e-mentors to some of the country’s highest-need students in a successful effort to increase students’ interests and abilities in reading, writing, and critical thinking.
Cricket Media seeks an ambitious, organized, highly-effective K-12 teacher leader with strong teamwork, leadership and interpersonal skills to serve as Teacher Coordinator, providing day-to-day leadership and oversight for CricketTogether (www.crickettogether.com), Challenges (http://www.cricketmedia.com/challenges), and the ePals Global Community (www.epals.com). The ideal candidate would be a teacher leader who has additional experience either working with an education publishing company or a digital learning company. This position reports to and works closely with Cricket Media’s Senior Director of Education in the development and management of Cricket Media’s educational specifications, projects and product offerings. The Coordinator has primary responsibility for managing the content and supporting users within Cricket Media’s CricketTogether education product, Challenges and Global Community. In addition, the Coordinator will help expand the Cricket Media community, serves as a key contact with partner schools to develop enlightening and engaging educational experiences and content, and helps leverage Cricket Media’s print media for digital social learning and collaboration.
This full-time position is based in our McLean, VA office.
- Manage the day-to-day operations, expand and manage online communities of CricketTogether and the ePals Global Community
- Support and expand the collaborative capacities and global reach of CricketTogether and ePals online communities through engaging programming, including Challenges
- Design and deliver webinars, demos and online professional development to support CricketTogether and Global Community implementation and sales
- Monitor program/product usage including overseeing the development of internal and external dashboard reports
- Assist the Senior Director of Education with the evaluation of products for quality and to enhance CricketTogether online delivery design
- Build and support relationships with outside sponsors, schools and other stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with other Cricket Media teams (education, legal, marketing, sales, tech, user support team) to ensure functioning and thriving online environments across educational products.
Education and Publishing Background
- Education degree or teaching certificate with BA/BS
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ school/district-based teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of CCSS ELA Standards, general curriculum needs, and classroom best practices
- Knowledge of best practices in online teaching, online educational tools, and digital and blended learning methods (prefer candidate with experience in teaching online courses)
- Experience in designing and developing standards-based curriculum and instructional materials
- Experience using social media tools for teaching and building networking communities
- Demonstrated expertise in developing professional development materials and leading teacher training
Project Management Background
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully across organizational boundaries to develop and deliver new programs, projects, standards and plans
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Experience developing and managing project budgets and schedules
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail oriented with ability to multi-task
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to lead by example – be a manager and the leading contributor – including the ability to define, produce and execute upon projects in an independent manner, and possess a strong work ethic and track record for success
- Track record of achieving or exceeding expectations/assigned metrics
- Good technical understanding (basic proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and can pick up new tools quickly
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce with individuals who are leaders in their fields committed to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally committed by the desire to “do well and do good.” People who value these ideas, understand how to make them real at scale, and who thrive in a fast-paced environment will do well at Cricket Media.
Our culture values and encourages creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. Cricket Media is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment. We also offer a full range of employment benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume. Please reference “Teacher Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Apply for Teacher Coordinator (eMentoring Program)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly