Program Manager (Personnel Security/ Security Support)
We are seeking a Program Manager to oversee a team of 37 Security Specialists. The Program Manager will supervise work including security clearance processing, information security, operations security, industrial security, SCIF accreditation, incident reporting processing, classification management, security awareness, security policy, and security training.
Work is performed at the agency office in Reston, VA. Occasional travel to Fort Meade, MD is required. Work hours are 8 hours per day between 7:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Candidates with familiarity of the SCI working environment, IC, and DoD security processes will be given preference. Only candidates with an active TS/SCI will be considered.
- Oversee a team of 37 Security Specialists and provide training as needed.
- Monitor and take preventative or corrective measures necessary to maintain the productivity and quality of work.
- Prepare written reports and briefings as required.
- Provide customer service to include guidance and assistance to the agency.
- Assist the government in assessing, validating, and certifying the trustworthiness of agency and designated DoD-affiliated personnel for access to sensitive compartmented information, through case management, adjudication, and due process.
- Perform quality control checks to ensure that security clearance documentation is accurate, personnel security records and databases are up-to-date, and pending cases and suspense logs do not have a backlog.
- Develop recommendations with sufficient supporting rationale to enable the Government to decide whether to grant, deny, or revoke a security clearance or eligibility to occupy sensitive positions.
- Verify that employees have processed outgoing clearance certifications messages, processed incoming visit certifications, performed badging functions, submitted outgoing clearance requests, processed systems access requests, and provided status updates.
- Identify element personnel that require updating of their polygraphs and investigations.
- Manage security incidents reported by agency personnel.
- Possess an active TS/SCI
- Have Bachelor’s degree
- Have at least 4 to 6 years of relevant experience supervising personnel security staff
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills