Site Civil Design Engineer
Soltesz, Inc. is a successful land development engineering firm in the Washington metro area specializing in the areas of civil engineering, landscape architecture, land planning, environmental science, and surveying. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including health and dental, 401K and profit sharing, and a family friendly work environment. Soltesz has been a ten-time recipient of the “Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval Award", recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence. Soltesz is currently accepting resumes for the position of Civil Designer in our Waldorf, Maryland office. Please submit resume with letter of interest and salary expectations.
General Position Summary:
The Civil Designer is responsible for working in a team environment in the preparation of site civil engineering construction documents. Tasks associated with this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Preparation of land development construction drawings/documents based upon client’s development goals under the supervision of the assigned PM. Construction documents may include aspects of roadway design, utility design, site design, drainage, sediment control, and stormwater management.
- Assist in the preparation of zoning, preliminary, and concept land development plans.
- Perform site grading design and drafting to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes and drainage considerations.
- Perform soil erosion & sediment control design and drafting, including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
- Calculates quantities to be used in construction cost estimates.
- Research and understand standards/codes required by the client and jurisdictions through interaction with necessary personnel (PM, PE, etc.) to accurately and efficiently develop the above noted designs.
- Processing design plan documents through local, state, and federal approving agencies.
The Civil Designer completes tasks as assigned by the immediate Project Manager and/or other management staff. The Civil Designer reports directly to the Project Manager but may receive direction from the Assistant Project Manager or from other management staff.
- Microstation and/or AutoCAD drafting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-Motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in civil/site land planning and engineering