Acquisition Management Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
About the Position: This Acquisition Management Specialist, NH-0301-03 position is located in the Program Executive Office, Intelligence Electronics Warfare & Sensors (PEO, IEW&S), Alexandria, VA.
POSITION WILL BE FILLED ON A BASIS NTE 1 year 1 day. SEE "OTHER REQUIREMENTS" FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
***This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC § 1705 (g).***
PEO IEW&S headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD with offices at Ft. Belvoir, VA; Ft. Hood, TX; and Huntsville, AL develops network-centric IEW&S systems for the digitized Army and fields Joint IEW&S systems. PEO IEW&S is in an HR Demonstration project, offers competitive salaries, pay banding, and pay for contribution. PEO IEW&S US Army Acquisition Support Center is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Army Acquisition Demonstration. The NH-03 broadband is equivalent to the GS-12 step 1 to GS-13 step 10 level. In keeping with the Demonstration pay fixing policies, employees earning a salary that falls within the pay band equivalent, will not receive an immediate pay increase (promotion) if appointed to this position. Future pay increases within the broadband will be accomplished through the pay for performance management system.
PEO IEW&S, US Army Acquisition Support Center, is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Army Acquisition Demonstration Project. The NH-04 broadband is equivalent to the GS-14 Step 1 to GS-15 step 10 level. In keeping with the Demonstration pay fixing policies, employees earning a salary that falls within the pay band equivalent may not receive an immediate pay increase if appointed to this position. Management will set the selectee's pay within a range that is consistent with their qualifications and the expected contribution for the position. Future pay increases within the broadband will be accomplished through the pay for performance management system.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this position. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- U.S. Citizens
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- 25% or Greater
- 25% or more; Can be on short notice
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) Planning, analyzing or evaluating procurement programs and 2) Reviewing proposed contractual actions for conformance with regulatory requirements and procurement practices. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02 or GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of procurement statutes and regulations
- Knowledge of all stages in the acquisition process
- Ability to analyze
- Ability to communicate
- Knowledge if intelligence electronics warfare principles and terms
- Knowledge of systems and system design and logistic supply maintenance requirements to identify potential support issues
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Top Secret-SCI security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- This position requires Level II certification in the acquisition career field of Program Management, Army Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (AT&L) Workforce position. You must obtain this certification within 24 months.
- This is a CP 14 position.
- You are required to submit Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (per 5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08) which must be completed upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, including Changes 1-7 http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/550007r.pdf (November 17, 2011). Any conflicts of interest will result in the withdrawl of job offer.
- Permanent Change of Station costs not authorized.
- This position is a TERM position. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of 5 years.
- This position is a modified term appointment and is based on the term appointment authority that exists in the Civil Service system, but extends the time period to five years (rather than four) with an additional one-year approved extension.
- Employees hire under the modified term appointment are in a non-permanent status but may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional (permanent) appointment.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug testing.