Logistics Management Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
About the Position: This Logistics Management Specialist, NH-0346-3 position is located in the Program Executive Office, Intelligence Electronics Warfare and Sensors (PEO, IEW&S), Project Manager - Sensors Aerial Intelligence, Business Management Division at Alexandria, VA.
POSITION WILL BE FILLED ON A TEMPORARY BASIS NTE 1 year 1 day. SEE THE "OTHER REQUIREMENTS" FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
***This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC § 1705 (g).***
Program Executive Office, Intelligence, Electronics Warfare and Sensors (PEO IEW&S) headquartered at APG, MD with offices at Ft Belvoir, VA; Ft Hood, TX; and Huntsville, AL develops network-centric IEW&S systems for the digitized Army and fields Joint IEW&S systems to provide Soldiers the most superior capabilities to completely and immediately understand their environment across the full spectrum of operations. PEO IEW&S is in an HR demonstration project, offers competitive salaries, pay banding, and pay for contribution. Benefits program include alternate work schedule, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for certain health and dependent care expenses, health insurance, vacation time and sick leave, life insurance, and a three-tiered retirement plan.
PEO, IEW&S US Army Acquisition Support Center is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Army Acquisition Demonstration. The NH-3 broadband is equal to the GS-12-step 1 to GS-13 step 10 level. In keeping with the Demo pay fixing policies, employees earning a salary that falls within the pay band equivalent, will not receive an immediate pay increase (promotion) if appointed to this position. Future pay increases within the broadband will be accomplished through the pay for performance management system.
- 25% or Greater
- Up to 25% travel; can be on short notice
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) developing and integrating logistics management technology applications that improve logistics processes; 2) interpreting logistics policies and procedures for supervisors and managers and 3) evaluating and resolving logistics management issues.. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02 or GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Logistics Processes
- Knowledge of Logistics Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Acquisition Procedures
- Ability to Communicate
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Top Secret-SCI security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- This position requires Level II certification in the acquisition career field of Life Cycle Logistics, Army Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (AT&L) Workforce position. You must obtain this certification within 24 months.
- This is a CP 13 position.
- Permanent Change of Station costs not authorized.
- This position is a TERM position. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of 5 years.
- This position is a modified term appointment and is based on the term appointment authority that exists in the Civil Service system, but extends the time period to five years (rather than four) with an additional one-year approved extension.
- Employees hire under the modified term appointment are in a non-permanent status but may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional (permanent) appointment.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug testing.