Security Engineer (IT)
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Security Engineer (IT)
H22, $94,598 - $137,168
FT Term NTE 4 years, 5 months
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport; Technology Operations, MA-630
Open Until Filled
This Posting Amends The Original Closing Date of 4-21-17
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other (KSAOs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAOs one (1) through (5) only. The rest of the KSAOs will be assessed during the application process.
In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAOs in a narrative format. We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or Information Assurance or any other field providing a strong foundation for successful performance of the DUTIES in this job description, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four years.
2. Five years of progressively responsible experience in Information Security that includes substantive work in most of the DUTIES in this job description, including: (a) implementing, upgrading, and maintaining various security tools including, but not limited to: intrusion prevention/detection systems (IPS/IDS) tools; vulnerability and/or penetration testing tools; firewalls; SIEM, Anti-virus/Anti-malware; endpoint encryption; and Data leakage prevention (DLP) tools; and (b) configuring and/or reviewing firewalls; experience conducting security assessments.
Included in these five years must be a minimum of 3 years implementing security devices and tools such as IDS/IPS, Web security tools, Email security tools, Firewalls, Two factor authentication devices.
A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or Information Assurance or another field providing a strong foundation for successful performance of the DUTIES in this job may be substitute for two of these five years.
3. Certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) from the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) or ability to obtain CISSP or SSCP certification within one year from the date of the Final Offer Letter. A qualified candidate who is selected, but lacks CISSP or SSCP certification must obtain certification from ISC2 within one year of the date of the Final Offer Letter.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math.
2. Certification as a GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) professional from the SANS Institute, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) professional from the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), or other relevant professional certifications.
3. Experience working with Tripwire TLC/Enterprise, TriGeo SIM, Sourcefire IPS, Nessus vulnerability scanner, Cisco ASA firewall.
4. Experience participating in PCI DSS and HIPAA, or other industry regulation audits.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.