Research Associate – Information Technology & Systems Division
6 days left
- Full Time
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a non-profit Federally Funded Research and Development Center think tank. IDA provides answers to questions posed by the Department of Defense and other agencies that require careful analysis. IDA’s goal is to deliver objective, evidence-based, actionable analyses and advice focused on results. The Information Technology and System Division (ITSD) focuses on cybersecurity and other cyberspace challenges of national and global significance. ITSD approaches the growing cyber threat from the perspectives of operations and business, technology and systems, and policy and law, with a particular emphasis on where and how these perspectives intersect. This intersection, also known as “cyber in the seams,” addresses the evolution of cyber as a national security function.
ITSD has an immediate opening for a Research Associate (RA). RAs are members of our full-time professional staff and typically work as members of study teams and at the direction of senior study leaders and analysts. RAs will generally perform fact-finding tasks; develop preliminary analyses, and shape findings and recommendations for the team. RAs are expected to be familiar with standard information collection, compilation, summary and analysis methods; able to develop or apply appropriate methods to support the needs of particular studies or analyses; demonstrate strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; and have the ability to contribute effectively to a team approach to problem solving. Duties include:
- Participate in developing and maintaining information sources and contacts as directed; may attend meetings to collect information related to projects.
- Research topics independently, compile data, and present information both orally and in writing.
- Interact with government or industry representatives.
- Contribute to the creation/writing of task report(s) or paper(s).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Cyber Security, Economics, Applied Mathematics
- US Citizenship is required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Demonstrated ability to identify sources, assemble, and organize large, complex data sets for which subsequent quantitative and qualitative analyses is desired.