Research Analyst - Information Technology Cyber Systems
7 days left
- Full Time
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for a Research Analyst with experience in information technology and cyber systems to support assessments during operational testing of the effectiveness, suitability, and cybersecurity of Major Acquisition Programs in the Department of Defense. IDA takes great pride in the rigor, quality, and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military Department of Defense regarding operational test and evaluation of Major Acquisition Programs. The position involves analyzing the design, execution, and results of operational testing to provide independent assessments to the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of such assessments and operational tests is required. Travel is required.
- Candidate must meet one of the following education/experience combinations:
- A minimum of a Doctoral Degree in Chemistry (Physical, Theoretical, Nuclear), Computer Science, Information Technology, Bioengineering, Engineering (Computer, Mechanical, Nuclear, Electrical, or Aerospace), Physics, or Applied Mathematics coupled with relevant work experience (via industry, research fellowships, or internships); OR
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Chemistry (Physical, Theoretical, Nuclear), Computer Science, Information Technology, Bioengineering, Engineering (Computer, Mechanical, Nuclear, Electrical, or Aerospace), Physics, Applied Mathematics or Operations Research coupled with 10+ years’ experience in research, system design/engineering, or policy.
- Significant computing experience, e.g.: server management, networking configuration, statistical software or programming languages used in research (e.g. Python, R, Stata, MATLAB, etc)
- US Citizenship is required.