Part-Time Controllers and Accountants
Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, CPA’s, has been part of the Washington, DC metropolitan region since 1981. Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, CPA’s is in search of several Part-Time Controllers and Accountants. The part-time controllers and accountants will work flexible hours (generally 5-7 hours a day; two to three days a week) at our client’s offices and will perform many of the following duties:
- Maintenance of general ledger and posting of certain monthly journal entries.
- Monthly reconciliations of cash and investment accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation and maintenance of other asset accounts, including accounts receivable, fixed assets, prepaid expenses and travel advances.
- Monthly reconciliations of all liability accounts, including accounts payable, accrued expenses and deferred revenue.
- Maintenance of temporarily and permanently restricted net asset accounts.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, including an analytical review of financial trends.
- Process and record monthly cash receipts.
- Process and record monthly cash disbursements.
- Process and record monthly payroll transactions.
- Other controllership and general ledger accountant duties necessary to properly close the monthly finances.
The successful candidates must have the following minimum qualifications:
- 3-7 years of accounting experience with a CPA firm or a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
- CPA is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with a wide range of accounting packages is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
Our office is located 2 blocks from the Bethesda metro, but successful candidates will be expected to work mainly from client offices. Due to the part-time nature of the positions, only certain benefits will be offered. For immediate consideration, please send us your resume, references and salary requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!