CYBER SECURITY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
SYSTEM ENGINEER/INFORMATION ASSURANCE/CYBER SECURITY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (ADSIT-17-0258-F)
Bowhead is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a System Engineer/Information Assurance/Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert to join our team located at The Pentagon (Arlington, VA). The System Engineer/Information Assurance/Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert provides Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) and Cyber Security Engineering services to one of Bowhead's customers.
Essential functions will include:
- As a Cyber Security Practitioner, this position provides support under the auspices of the Architecture and Engineering Directorate.
- Serve as an Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or Information System Security Officer (ISSO), in support of the certification and accreditation of various Information Systems. Provide subject matter expertise and consultative advice to the Government and support recommendations with sound research, analysis and documentation.
- Answer to the customers Senior Information Assurance Officer (SIAO) for all Information Assurance (IA) matters and submittals for the Designated Approving Authority’s (DAA) signature.
- Maintain responsibility for reviewing and assessing Department of Defense (DoD) information systems and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) documentation. Assess risks, identify, approve mitigation strategies and develop accreditation recommendations for systems. Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance knowledge are critical elements of this position and mastery of these are requirements for passing the interview process.
- The ability to function as a Systems Engineer and Technical Assistance (SETA) contractor is essential to this position. The SETA abilities are equally as important as the IA (Information Assurance) abilities and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate both during the interview process.
- Position is an immediate hire, so all qualified candidates please submit applications ASAP.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) PLUS five (5) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, experience and certifications.
- Must have knowledge of DoD and US Government information assurance regulations and directives, including FISMA and NIST 800 special publications.
- Familiarity with Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) documents and Risk Assessment reports and use of Defense Information Systems Agency’s (DISA) Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Possess experience with IA and System Security. Possess understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the DISA Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes.
- Possess a sound knowledge of Windows security and basic knowledge of Unix Security and Database Security.
- Familiar with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Possess a sound knowledge of Networking (physical/logical), VLANS, tagging, sub-netting, and boundary security devices. Familiar with Fiber Optic networks. Knowledge of Outside Plant infrastructure is desirable.
- Possess a sound knowledge in Microsoft Windows AD/GPO technologies. Possess familiarity with Windows server technologies and management Services (AD, DNS, IIS, CA/PKI, WSUS, SCOM, SCCM). Also be familiar with patch management and HBSS.
- Possess knowledge of how to perform vulnerability and compliance scans of information systems, and how to analyze and report the scan results.
- Possess knowledge of, or experience with deploying and working with VMWare ESXi or similar virtual environments.
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office Software Skills in the following products: MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio and MS PowerPoint. Cyber Security and System Engineering SME skills vital to this position.
- Required skills or certifications - CISSP Preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location. Degree in Business Management/Administration or related field