z/OS Systems Programmer
- Keep software current and under existing maintenance agreements, applies maintenance and new releases as needed.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Supports new systems and existing applications developed in-house or those supplied by 3rd party vendors.
- Develop, plan, and implement the overall strategic goals of an organization's mainframe software infrastructure. Perform system backups and recovery.
- Provide on-call support as required by PenFed.
- Establish and meet service level agreements with clients. Insure system performance, redundancy, and fault tolerance.
- Monitor and establish procedures to maximize productivity and to minimize the occurrence of errors.
- Work with other internal departments to understand current and future projects to insure the systems programming infrastructure is able to meet the demands of future growth.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Combination of education and experience required
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a z/OS (MVS or OS/390) systems programmer required.
- Knowledge of z/OS internals, SMP/E, IPCS, JES2, TSO/E, ISPF/PDF, JCL, LE, IDCAMS, DADSM, VSAM, SMS, and z/OS system software as well as other vendor software is required as well as the ability to debug system software problems by analyzing system dumps in both hardcopy and IPCS format.
- Knowledge of coupling facility structures, CF policies, ICF, memory requirements, data sharing and hardware configurations for coupled environments preferred.
- GDPS, XRC, PPRC and SAZOS (AOC) experience preferred.
This position will mentor and supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
xUse of computer
xUse of telephone
xUse of office equipment
xPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.