Sr Virtualization Systems Eng
- Partner with IT architecture team to ensure alignment of all VMware architecture processes, standards, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Design, implement, support, and monitor performance management of enterprise VMware vSphere environments across data centers.
- Provide technical vision about virtualization technologies, and describe customized solutions to address complex environments.
- Perform and automate systems provisioning, performance and scalability characteristics of the VMware vSphere product suite.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for VDI environment.
- Test and document implementation guidelines for VMware technologies being deployed in the data centers.
- Assist the team defining standards for virtualization technologies and best practices for their use.
- Analyze and troubleshoot VMware server deployment and virtualization issues.
- Identify important potential technologies and approaches to address current and future needs within the enterprise, evaluate their applicability and fit, and make recommendations.
- In depth applied knowledge of monitoring VMware Operations Manager, VM tuning, and capacity planning.
- Analyzes, designs, tests, installs, documents, and maintains computer systems which have a high degree of complexity.
- Supervises and coordinates phases of projects and assigned to develop and complete system applications, designs, and modifications.
- Participates in on-call 24X7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Provide documentation on installation and configuration procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study is required.
Advanced knowledge of VMware tool stack, vRealize Application Services, vRealize Automation, VSAN and Storage technologies.
Minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in implementing and sustaining VMware installation, configuration, management, and data protection of high-availability virtualized environment is required.
Experience with VCE Vblock and Cisco UCS is desired.
Experience with VMware NSX is a plus.
Virtual application packaging and remediation skills desired.
Experience and working knowledge of SAN infrastructure, protocols and enterprise class storage systems and storage related concepts as it relates to building and supporting an enterprise class virtual infrastructure is preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
VMware Certified Professional (VCP or VCAP)
Cisco UCS certification (DCUCI or DCUCD)
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
xUse of computer
xUse of telephone
xUse of office equipment
xPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.