Lead UI Developer / Programmer
PenFed is hiring a Senior UI Developer in McLean, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for front-end development for PenFed’s digital properties. This position will be a member of a delivery team of UX Leads, software developers, UI designers, and QA engineers during the design, implementation, integration, testing, and successful delivery of software.Essential Functions
- Serve as the primary technical expert on Front-end development and coding standards.
- Analyze, design, develop, document and test user interfaces and system components of a medium to complex nature, utilizing the knowledge of the major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with assigned applications.
- Provide Accurate LOE (Level of Effort) estimates for development work, while having the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently according the business needs and requirements.
- Ensure changes are implemented according to specifications.
- Review problems, understanding the major impacts to technical and business-related areas, and provide basic recommendations and solutions that can be implemented to correct the problem.
- Serve as a project leader and provide technical guidance on assigned systems.
- Ensure appropriate company and departmental Change Control and operational procedures are followed for all production-related updates assigned changes.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
Minimum of seven (7) years of web development and UI development experience is required.
Experience in marking up, developing the UI of websites and/or web applications.
Front-end skills and an understanding of how back-end development works.
Practical exposure and/or experience with some: KnockoutJS, JSON, AJAX:CSS, Databinding:KnockoutJS
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Understanding of developing for SEO
Experience with .Net frameworks is beneficial
This position may supervise employees
There are no additional certifications required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment.
PenFed will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.