7 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is hiring an Operations Officer in Woodbridge, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to approve, pend or decline loan applications within delegated authority while adhering to Federal regulations and PenFed standards, policies and procedures
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Review and evaluate loan applications and approve, pend or decline member's loan requests; refers loans outside their authority level to a Senior Lender with recommendations and justifications, when necessary.
- Oversee the daily activities of assigned staff and provide input to performance appraisals.
- Work with assigned staff to ensure that performance standards are being met.
- Counsel individual staff members on best practices and take part in mentoring and coaching activities designed to maximize staff performance.
- Analyze departmental lending operations and procedures and recommend updates and changes.
- Develop form letters and assist in the formatting and completion of more complex letters.
- Review and evaluate questions and correspondence from loan applicants regarding pending or approved loans and take appropriate action.
- Contact other institutions as needed to obtain information necessary to evaluate member loan requests.
- Council members and potential members regarding all types of PenFed loan and share products, policies and procedures and resolve more complex member problems, making exceptions to policy when necessary. (Policy exceptions must be within designated authority.)
- Maintain a current knowledge of PenFed loan and share products and promote these products to eligible and potential members.
- Prepare loan applications to be disbursed.
- Participate in quality reviews.
- Provide guidance and training to staff and ensure that new products and procedures are communicated and sales and productivity goals are met.
- Inform Manager or Assistant Manager of issues relating to staff and operations, and recommend changes as necessary.
- Maintain necessary production reports.
- Participate in cross-divisional projects and provide support to other departments as required.
- Assume role of Assistant Manager in their absence.
- Assist Information Technology Department with testing new systems.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in Finance or related field required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in financial institution as any level loan officer is required.
- Must have overseen staff and provided input for performance appraisals
- This position will mentor employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLA).
- Must obtain unique identifier required for MLOs.
- Must maintain the registration in accordance with PenFed policy and all related regulations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to meet the following physical demands:
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
Hearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
Vision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
Use of computer
Use of telephone
Use of office equipment
Pushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.