PenFed is hiring a Modeler I in McLean, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to assist senior modelers and management with the development and evaluation of credit models associated with PenFed’s lending function to quantify the organization’s credit risk exposure and evaluate the performance of established controls. Provide statistical input for the development and implementation of policies, plans, and programs related to credit origination and portfolio monitoring.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Interact with and advise Management regarding credit risk issues; formulate product strategy recommendations, and evaluate the risk in the overall loan portfolio. Aid in development of criteria for underwriting various product lines.
- Create statistical financial models to produce recommendations and reports in support of business initiatives, efficiencies, and potential strategies. This includes modeling design, development, process and utilization of sophisticated statistical modeling methods and tools.
- Apply intermediate to advanced knowledge of financial processes and procedures, and routine modeling theories and techniques to create effective modeling solutions for a single or multiple business functions.
- Participate in corporate projects as requested.
- Keep informed of new ideas and academic research within the industry, best practices, and regulatory developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions.
- Ability to perform detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative and project issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and develop smooth and constructive relationships with internal/external customers, management, staff, members and vendors.
Education and Experience Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent or a combination of education and experience, minimum of one (1) year, that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis/mining and statistical techniques (Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Time Series Analysis, Decision Trees, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Factor analysis, experimental design and hypothesis testing).
- Strong programming skills to include knowledge of statistical programs (e.g. SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, advance database programs)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include long and/or irregular hours, in order to meet the demands of the position.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.