Manager of Quantitative Modeling
PenFed is looking for a Manager of Quantitative Modeling. The primary purpose of this job is to support the Quantitative Modeling team, in the development of predictive modeling methodologies. The tasks include probability of default, loss given default, and stress-testing models. The applicant should have solid theoretical and practical knowledge of probability methods and models: generalized linear models, estimators, time-series analysis, panel data, and data cleaning & filtering. Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and enhance stress testing methodology to satisfy various regulatory requirements.
- Conduct thorough statistical analysis of the underlying data, such as regression and time series analysis, and understanding of the various macroeconomic factors and risk factors that impact the credit quality of portfolios.
- Write high-quality model documentation that satisfies the internal model approval functions, audit requirements, and the regulators.
- Perform or direct research to challenge, support, or improve modeling approaches.
- Review and dissect forecasts and their drivers.
- Analyze the impact of changes in macroeconomic indicators on portfolio/business performance. Proficient in scenario analysis.
- Provide clear and insightful analytic modeling results, feedback and interpretation by way of written analysis and/or oral reports to various involved business units.
- Prepare and maintain summary-level, technical, and change log documentation of developed quantitative modeling methodologies.
- Advanced degree (master's or above) in a quantitative subject, such as Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics or Finance; or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the job.
- Extensive understanding of retail lending – mortgages, auto, credit cards, student loans, and others.
- Extensive experience with industry best practice modeling techniques and demonstrable skills in rapid development, prototyping, benchmarking, and empirical analysis.
- Strong programming skills in a statistical programming language such as SAS, STATA, VBA and database skills such as SQL.
- Ability to condense highly technical subject matter into clear, effective presentation-quality communications to senior management.
This position will NOT supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
XUse of computer
XUse of telephone
XUse of office equipment
XPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.