Full Stack Developer
- Analyze, design, develop, document and test application programs and system components of a medium to complex nature.
- Integrate new products and applications into our existing infrastructure.
- Consume micro services to integrate with our back end systems.
- Write applications using responsive design to function across multiple devices.
- Enhance the web applications our members use to apply for new products and to manage their finances.
- Enhance the web applications our employees use when assisting our members with opening new accounts or using their existing accounts.
- Work on strategic projects to achieve the business requirements to meet the growth goals of the credit union.
- Conduct peer design and code reviews to improve the overall performance of everyone on the Agile team.
- Provide technical guidance to staff with less experience and mentors peers on assigned systems.
- Serve as the primary technical expert within a mission critical application, acting as an internal consultant for all tasks in the analysis, design, testing and implementation of assignments.
- Continue to enhance technical knowledge and capabilities to stay current with the latest technologies and advances.
- Assist with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred.
- Experience with Development in the cloud, DocuSign, Restful Services, CMS, and Secure Coding Practices (OWASP and etc.) is highly preferred.
This position will mentor employees as needed and requested.
There are no additional certifications required
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
xUse of computer
xUse of telephone
xUse of office equipment
xPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.