Director, Compensation and Benefits
7 days left
- Full Time
Summary PenFed is looking for a Director, Compensation and Benefits in McLean, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to manage the compensation and benefits functions for PenFed, using analysis, development, evaluation, to foster change management and implementation of the compensation and benefits plans. This position will design programs that are designed to attract, retain and motivate a highly skilled workforce while ensuring compliance with governmental regulations, internal equity and competitive pay structure.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage all compensation and benefits programs, policies and procedures, including but not limited to job evaluation, job classification/reclassification, salary structures for all employees, benefits plans (health, dental, life and other voluntary plans) and retirement program, 401 (k) plans.
- Lead the Compensation and Benefits Teams on data preparation and analysis to support PenFed workforce planning, benefits, merger and acquisitions and balance score card implementation.
- Manage compensation and benefits team members, including conducting performance evaluations and disciplinary action as needed.
- Responsible for managing annual budget spend for enterprise-wide benefits programs.
- Design and implement compensation and benefits services and strategies, make recommendations, and prepare proposals for new and improved programs based on institutional need and/or governmental changes.
- Advise senior managers on resolutions for specific problems relating to salaries, job classifications, job content and benefit program issues.
- Oversee leave of absence and other outsourced programs to ensure administration according to applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Oversee and implement benefits programs through benefit program implementation and evaluation. Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of programs, special projects, research studies and other divisional initiatives to identify best practices and process improvements in order to promote functional efficiency and productivity.
- Collects and interprets area, regional and national compensation and benefit information for all employee levels using a variety of methods to determine the competitive position of PenFed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive Compensation and Benefits experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in management role with a minimum of 3 years in compensation for mortgage and/or financial institution.
- Proven experience in managing policy change and implementation of new programs.
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
XUse of computer
XUse of telephone
XUse of office equipment
XPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
About Us Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality. We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.