- Candidate must be independent and self-directed, able to find possible issues and work without direction to remediate and improve
- Conduct daily incident response activities , including possible incidents during weekends and evenings
- Supervise other CIRT analysts in day to day duties, and provide leadership by example, initiative and direction
- Participate in hiring, performance management, and scheduling decisions
- Tune and create signatures in Security Tools, SIEM
- Serve as a technical escalation point for complex security problems
- Perform a variety of Security Operations Functions such as alert triage and end user communications as needed
- Maintain and create metrics for SOC functions
- Monitor and check work products to verify consistency and policy compliance
- Create reports from various IT Security systems for the purpose of monitoring critical activities and providing security metrics to IT Security management.
- Participates in assessment of compliance with security regulations such as PCI, GLBA, FFIEC. Coordinate external assessment teams to complete audit and security assessments. Respond to requests for information in support of internal and external audits and examinations.
- Evaluates industry best practices relative to PenFed security requirements.
- Recommends software tools and/or other solutions for technical challenges involving IT Security processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in Security Operations is preferred. Broad knowledge of security concepts, especially attack mechanisms, is required. Experience with SIEM tools such as ArcSight and/or Splunk is required. Tactical leadership skills for small teams preferred. IDS Monitoring and Signature writing experience preferred. Experience with network protocols and packet capture preferred. Malware Analysis skills preferred. Scripting experience preferred. YARA, Security Onion or Snort experience preferred.
This position will mentor and supervise employees.
GIAC Certifications such as GCIA Preferred
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
xVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
xUse of computer
xUse of telephone
xUse of office equipment
xPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.