Branch Support Representative
7 days left
- Full Time
Branch Support Representative
PenFed is hiring a Branch Support Representative in Washington, DC. The primary purpose of this job is to perform the duties of a Member Service Rep, a Head Teller, or a Teller to provide support in the absence of assigned staff and is while adhering to the PenFed compliance program and following all credit union and compliance policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist members, explain and cross-sell all PenFed loan and share products as appropriate.
- Prepare loan documents for review and disbursement as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of operation, service, security, balancing procedures and rules and regulations regarding all branch operations.
- Input and update loan and share data into an automated system.
- Maintain a current knowledge of outside competitive products.
- Balance loan disbursements.
- Ensure the accuracy of monies received and disbursed, validate receipts and tape summaries of teller transactions.
- Determine cash needed for each day's business and disburse from vault as needed, while maintaining records of all disbursements.
- Assist tellers when questions arise concerning checks or share withdrawals and authorize transactions.
- Maintain records of deposits, withdrawals, money orders, travelers checks, and share drafts.
- Ensure the security of monies, checks, money orders and equipment in the teller station.
- Determine loan payoffs, cashes checks, furnishes loan and share balances, provide account numbers, and disburse share withdrawals after verifying proper identification.
- Balance cash drawer on a daily basis and prepares settlement sheets.
- Fax rate sheets to the branches.
- Order supplies and sorts the mail for the branch.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in Finance or related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of related work experience is required.
- This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.