Goddard Space Fight Center CRESST II Science Support Specialist
Under the day-to-day supervision of the GSFC Center for Research and Exploration in Space Science & Technology (CRESST II) Program Manager, the Science Support Specialist coordinates the delivery of recruitment and on-boarding services for the CRESST II program and is responsible for providing information to program personnel regarding policies and procedures. The Science Support Specialist will perform a variety of staff support functions and provide general program support; maintaining records, files and databases of personnel actions, evaluations, and tenure; and assisting in ensuring that recruitment and personnel functions conform to all applicable program and regulatory requirements.
- Attend all GSFC on-boarding meetings and coordinate arrival and on-boarding requirements for all new CRESST II scientists as necessary.
- Obtain security badges for new employees, and renewals as required; terminate as needed.
- Assist scientists in obtaining IT access.
- Assist sponsors with foreign national security technology transfer control plans (STTCP).
- Compile CRESST II scientist publications each quarter, and put into CARS.
- Administer CRESST II recruitments; acknowledge applications, contacting references, and maintain status records.
- Organize orientation and exit meetings for all CRESST II staff members. Conduct orientation and exit interviews as back up to the Program Manager.
- Maintain all personnel records and files.
- Maintain/update staff listing at least monthly.
- Maintain listing and current status of all pending hires and terminations; to enable monitor and track developments.
- Maintain and update CRESST II Website and CARS site, with content provided by Program Manager and Management Council Members.
- Handle 20-4 documentation for GFE assigned to CRESST II staff & provide to Business Manager.
- Maintain quality assurance (for employee and GSFC contacts) database(s) and prepare monthly complaint/developments/contact reports for Management Council.
- Assist the Business Manager in providing support and training for CRESST II scientists writing research proposals.
- Coordinate and track all contact between program scientists and the CRESST II administrative and/or managerial personnel to ensure individual engagement at least semi-annually.
- BS degree in humanities, science, or computer sciences. Demonstrated project management experience desirable.
TYPE AND AMOUNT OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a scientific, educational, or R&D organization is desirable.
- Proficiency with office technologies. Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience with database (MYSQL), HTML editing, and management information systems in a customer service environment. Working knowledge of web-based applications and accessibility.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptability. Demonstrates initiative with a customer service orientation.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to perform office support activities, including planning, organizing, and facilitating activities with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in gathering and monitoring information and problem analysis. Sound judgment and problem solving skills required.
- High degree of integrity, professionalism, and discretion when working with confidential, personnel- or business-sensitive materials.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: SURA, Office of Human Resource Services, 1201 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 430, Washington, DC 20005.
Visit www.sura.org to learn more about SURA.
SURA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.