Business Systems Analyst
- Full Time
Job duties & Responsibilities
GEICO is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Underwriting, Reserving & Control (URC) department as an Underwriting Systems Analyst. As a member of our team, you will have opportunities to manage your projects from the planning and design phase, to construction and maintenance. This position includes conducting systems analysis, writing business requirements, and enhancements to existing applications. Additionally, it involves evaluating our business processes and driving process and efficiency improvements through the application of systems tools and/or automation. This is a great opportunity to work closely with various departments, and to learn the skills required by the business and technology world!
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is desirable
- At least a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Experience with the System Development Life Cycle
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel are a must
- Insurance industry experience is plus
- SAS and SQL experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Access and MicroStrategy a plus
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.