The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for an Administrative/Program Assistant to provide administrative support to the Chief Industry Relations Officer and select Corporate Programs and Projects. The Corporate Programs focus is on processing OSA and OIDA Corporate Members, providing program support, and being the main point of contact for customer service.
Under the Direction of the Chief Industry Relations Officer:
- Maintains calendar and assists with organizing meetings, including requesting conference rooms, AV needs, and attendance status.
- Provides support for Committee meeting by creating presentations including background information supplied from other staff and power point slides, creating tent cards, agenda and logistics for meetings.
- Completes expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Maintains filing system by creating new folders and filing all documents as requested.
- Coordinates the contract review process, ensuring the steps are followed before contracts are sent for signature.
- Assists with meeting preparation by organizing documents in file folders, editing presentations, printing files, and sending shipments.
- Supports with all other ongoing organization and implementation of administrative duties and tasks as requested.
- Creates initial draft of budget spreadsheet for Industry team and Meetings Dept. variances during all budget rounds. Sends to stakeholders on behalf of CIRO
Support for OIDA members and staff team:
- Executes the OIDA Corporate Member renewal & process new OSA and OIDA Corporate Members
- Terminates Members upon non-renewal
- Serves as the main contact for OIDA Corporate Member customer service
- Maintains OIDA Member accounts on WORKinOPTICS.com by creating new accounts and updating renewals within the Boxwood system. Provides customer service for OIDA Members on WORKinOPTICS.com.
- Supports Industry Programs as needed with registration, finance, onsite programs, tent cards, etc.
- Maintains OSA Corporate Member lists in databases and documents and reconciles lists monthly.
- Responds promptly and professionally to inquiries from current and prospective OIDA members. Provides information about OSA products and services.
- Solicits promotional materials for OSA booth shipments (those organized by Industry Relations Team) from stakeholders of different marketing and sales groups for OSA and OFC booths at Photonics West, Laser Munich, ECOC, LASYS, OPIC, and Regional Industrial Affiliate Meetings throughout the year.
- Coordinates shipments for industry relations team booths at Regional Industrial Affiliate Meetings throughout the year.
- Create and updates assignments for staff volunteer grid for FIO
- Maintains inventory of promotional items, booth supply materials, brochures and tracks when more need to be ordered. Assists with ordering promotional items.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year degree; 4-year degree preferred
- 3-5 years work experience in a professional environment, preferably an office setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of customer service practices.
- Strong Excel software skills.
- Software: Dreamweaver, Kentico, HTML and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word)
- Ability to learn databases (ACT, netForum, Boxwood).
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.