Exhibits Sales Manager
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for an Exhibits Sales Manager. The Exhibit Sales Manager has overall responsibility for exceeding all exhibit renewal sales and retention goals for OSA’s three major conferences. These three major conferences can accommodate exhibit space that can hold over 1,000 exhibitors and up to 20,000 attendees. Position will work with Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales to ensure corporate customer needs are exceeded.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
1. Make high volume outbound sales calls and other outreach efforts for renewal and business development for conferences.
2. Initiate meetings with current and potential clients to determine sales and marketing objectives, budget and timing.
3. Research and identify new sales leads.
4. Maintain an accurate and robust database of qualified sales prospects.
5. Record all sales activity and pipeline in CRM.
6. Produces weekly reports for the Director, Exhibit & Sponsorship Sales concerning the renewal status for conferences.
7. Collaborate with Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales and make recommendations on year-round sponsorship proposals, where advertising is included.
8. Provide regular sales updates to the Director of Sales and Sponsorship on sales and pipeline activity.
9. Finalize all contracts and forward to Sales Coordinator for fulfillment
10. Initiates sales scripts, email blasts and other activities to boost sales.
11. Provide input to Director of Sales and Sponsorship on budgeted revenue goals.
12. Responsible to the Director of Sales and Sponsorship for meeting and exceeding those revenue goals.
13. Works with Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales to manage exhibitor up-size requests, down-size requests and cancellations
14. Works closely with the exhibit operations team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction in all areas of exhibits, advertising, and sponsorship sales
15. Produces email and mailing lists for exhibitor marketing efforts as requested by the Director, Exhibit & Sponsorship Sales.
Education and Experience
1. Four College degree required
2. Minimum of five years’ sales experience, preferably event/tradeshow and advertising sales.
3. Management position; does not supervise staff.
4. Association or Optics industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
1. A high level of initiative and attention to detail is required
2. Required proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
3. Proficiency with Contact management software, preferably ACT or SalesForce
4. Experience with NetForum or other association management software system
5. Familiarity with Kentico or other web content management software
6. Prefer experience with ExpoCAD or other space-draw programs
7. Familiarity with Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat preferred.
8. Prefer experience with SwiftPage or other HTML email management programs.
9. Strong interpersonal and customer communications skills.
10. Excellent business writing skills and experience.
11. Some experience and proven track record in negotiation skills, specifically as relates to working within established product prices.
12. Skilled in following up with customers, being forceful in a professional manner and persistent to be able to close sales to maximize customer decision-making.
13. Ability to focus effectively on multiple tasks at all times
14. Ability to meet deadlines.
15. Ability to travel required
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.