Systems Accountant - 1234
The MIL Corporation seeks a Systems Accountant to support a Federal Government client at our Charleston, South Carolina location. The Systems Accountant will provide systems analysis and program support services for the Property Accounting systems.
• Serve as a technical lead and subject matter expert for property accounting activities; associated interfaces; transactional analysis; documentation and reconciliation; systemic and accounting-oriented root cause analysis and reconciliations; or other functional requirements requiring the in-depth technical knowledge of accounting, automated financial management systems and leadership experience
• Function as liaison to communicate and coordinate the implementation of systems applications through all phases of the system development life cycle, including planning, requirements analysis, design, development and testing, conversion, installation, and evaluation and ongoing maintenance
• Reconcile Asset Management reports to the Trial Balance
• Manually clear rejected documents in the accounting systems
• Post correcting entries into the accounting system
• Document, report to management and track to closure: system change requests, actionable audit items, etc.
• Work effectively and efficiently within an ISO 9001 Quality Management System certified environment ensuring conformance with work standards and quality
• Bachelor's in Accounting
• 8 years of experience reviewing and evaluating accounting systems, procedures and regulations
• Must be analytically oriented with advanced writing and research/editing skills
• Experience with the systems development life cycle
• Great attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• General Ledger experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.