Data and Research Associate, Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation - McCourt School
6 days left
- Full Time
Data and Research Associate, Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation - McCourt School of Public Policy
The Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation (gui2de) conducts empirical field-based research to assess the impact and effectiveness of interventions and policies aimed at empowering individuals in developing countries to improve their lives. Major research themes include governance and accountability, the promotion of agency in the delivery of health, education, and other public services, the role of mobile technology in development, and financial development and integration.
The Data and Research Associate assists in providing analytical and planning support to various field research teams, as well as in training, supporting, and managing a number of research assistants on campus. The Data and Research Associate has duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support to project research staff, including identifying the data requirements, checking that research protocols comply with sound research principles and best practices.
- Works with the Data and research Manager and Principal Investigators (PIs) to define research design, sampling, data management and general research protocols.
- Works closely with project management team to ensure field staff collect, maintain, and deliver high quality data.
- Provides regular updates to gui2de's Director of Program and PIs on the status of field projects and progress of research assistants.
- Promotes inter-project best practices and takes a lead in sharing best practices with projects through formal and informal trainings.
- Participates in meetings with local partners as necessary to understand data availability and limitations.
- Supports the dissemination of results via presentations and reports to academic and non-academic audiences.
- Master's degree s in public policy/economics, or a field related to international economic development or agriculture
- Extensive experience with data management and econometrics
- Advanced knowledge of Stata
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Survey CTO
- Knowledge of R-ArcGIS
- Experience supervising data collection and teams of field workers, designing surveys, and implementing programs
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.