Events and Communications Coordinator, BMW Center for German and European Studies - Walsh School of
Events and Communications Coordinator, BMW Center for German and European Studies - Walsh School of Foreign Service
Georgetown's BMW Center for German and European Studies (CGES) is located in the Walsh School of Foreign Service, and serves as a hub for research, teaching, and event programming focused on Europe and the transatlantic relationship. The Center houses the Master of Arts in German and European Studies program, one of eight professional masters programs in the Walsh School.
The Events and Communications Coordinator manages events, communications, and marketing for the BMW Center for German and European Studies (CGES). S/he has on-campus interactions (for example, the President's Office, School of Foreign Services Dean's Office, University Facilities, and Aramark) and off-campus interactions include (for example, alumni, donors, advisory council members, embassies, and vendors) to assure full circle success. Reporting to the Assistant Director (AD) of Finance and Administration (AD), the Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to: Responsibility
- Determines events calendar in concert with the Director and Assistant Director.
- Plans and coordinates events, including contacting and confirming participants, securing location and vendors, scheduling student help when needed, creating and distributing invitations and accepting RSVPs, coordinating materials for distribution at event, and physically overseeing the event through cleanup.
- For high-profile events, works with GU administration and VIP guest representatives to ensure appropriate protocol and security.
- Advertises events through printed materials, social media, the CGES website, and GU event management platforms as appropriate.
- Records events, live-posts events to digital media, and subsequently posts information and recordings online.
- Maintains all technology and equipment related to events - for example, laptops, projectors, microphones, iPad, and cameras.
- Ensures delivery of events within budget approved by AD.
- Prepares reimbursements of honoraria and travel expenses for visitors and guest speakers.
Communications and Marketing
- Develops overall CGES communications plan with AD.
- Coordinates with SFS Dean's Office Communications team and AD on broader communications initiatives at the school and University levels.
- Edit, manages, and contributes content to CGES publications (including the Annual Report, social media, and website) - for example, receiving contributions from Director and Center faculty and staff, copy-editing, layout and design, vendor contact, and vendor progress and delivery.
- Manages CGES visual identity.
- Works with the Director and AD to produce marketing materials.
- Ensures delivery to recipients of all publications and marketing materials.
- Assists in preparation of grant submissions.
- Manages events budget.
- Serves as expense preparer in GMS.
- Serves as backup office manager in the absence of the Program Assistant
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 to 2 years of professional event management experience
- Experience in website maintenance, social media experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), video and photography, Google products, and general MS Office Suite.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Preference for budget management experience
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.