Senior Principal Product Manager
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17142.Broadband Services
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
You may not know our name, but every day we touch your lives. When you swipe your credit card to make a purchase, watch a television show, connect on your phone or computer in remote locations, at sea or in the air - chances are that action is supported by our satellite backbone. When you join our product management team, you will be developing services for the most powerful companies in the world, in a culturally diverse organization that values creativity and innovation, and rewards its employees based on individual performance. While we have done this for over 50 years, we embrace reinventing ourselves. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a leading contributor, you will align Intelsat's suite of broadband products with new possibilities being brought to life through emerging technology, new applications, and new market dynamics. You will drive key strategic product and service development through research and collaboration, across industry verticals. Making key build or buy decisions and identifying/evaluating potential partners will be essential. You will adapt broadband solutions with new features and functionality to expand customer service and grow new business models into profitable go-to-market strategy. We are looking for an expert that is familiar with existing and emerging technology trends and can clearly articulate the Intelsat position and broadband product vision. You will work closely with Business Development, Sales, Product Marketing, Engineering, and Finance team members.
- Develop Intelsat's broadband product and service plans and roadmap across verticals, for the 1-5 year timeframe, in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Assess strategic impact of new market and technology developments. Rapidly align Intelsat's evolving role in the market through evaluation, product development, and management of the broadband product and service suite.
- Provide guidance on Partnership expansion initiatives that would enhance Intelsat's broadband portfolio in the future market space.
- Work with the Finance team to maximize revenue and profitability, and define operational product metrics.
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, to champion innovative principles and ideas.
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on strategic initiatives like OneWeb and establish working relationships with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
- Oversee regular and specialized research and analysis for all new technology and trends related to broadband services. Coordinate business and product aspects of proofs of concept as needed.
- Ensure broadband requirements are provided as input to Intelsat's overall fleet update strategy.
- Provide value proposition, use cases, and other critical product info to assist in developing marketing materials.
- Build a reputation as a business leader by demonstrating product expertise, representing Intelsat as a speaker at industry conferences, and publishing white papers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 12 to 15 years of related industry experience, at least 7 of which should be in broadband enterprise, introducing new capabilities, and 3 years in product management or product development
- Demonstrated success handling complex issues related to incorporating new and/or disruptive technology into product portfolio and taking to market
- Good understanding of fiber, microwave, and satellite as transmission mechanisms, with satellite experience preferred.
- Experience in a B2B services environment, preferably with international exposure.
- Experience developing business cases and securing internal support
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain and influence customer working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required, along with the ability to make effective presentations across diverse audiences. Prior experience writing collateral including position and/or white papers preferred.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or other language, strongly preferred.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.