- Full Time
DCS Corp is looking for a creative, dynamic Engineer to work on-site at Fort Belvoir supporting the development, integration, test and evaluation of the next generation of Airborne Sensors for tactical and ISR applications.
- This is an opportunity to provide to develop the next generation of electro-optical infrared and Laser based sensors. The Engineer will be responsible for overseeing development efforts, integration of prototype systems into test aircraft and the test and evaluation of the sensors.
- There are also opportunities to work on innovative image processing and sensor fusion efforts.
- The candidate must be able to develop performance requirements; evaluate vendor proposals; manage the development process; assist with integration of sensors with data collection systems and into test aircraft; and plan, execute, and analyze results for airborne testing.
U.S. Citizenship is required due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements.
Must have a DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or optical) plus eight (8) years of experience with any of the following: infrared and electro optical sensors, image processing, sensor fusion, sensor design and analysis; sensor testing and data analysis; and integration on platforms (airborne desired).
- Experience with optical designs, cryogenically cooled infrared sensors, LiDAR and laser rangefinding/designating.
- Experience developing sensor performance specifications and interface control documents.
- Experience with the test and evaluation of prototype airborne sensors.
- Experience with Matlab (or other tools) for image processing and data analysis.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
Master's degree desired.This is an exciting time at DCS Corporation! We are growing tremendously, and growth creates opportunity! DCS is a $220M employee-owned Professional Services firm providing Engineering, programmatic and technical support services to DoD and other national security organizations.
Are you ready to grow with us?