The System Engineer will support PEO IEW&S and provide oversight on PM Legacy Systems such as Biometrics related systems and 3rd Gen FLIR.
Essential Job Functions:
Will focus on programs that have issues or are going for a milestone decision.
- The individual will evaluate technical data related to acquisition, program management and product development programs.
- Analyses of 3rd party product development and recommendations for changes and/or viability of development approach.
- Demonstrated experience providing detailed analysis of program/project management, engineering requirements and product testing in support of state-of-the-art sensor systems development and deployment.
- Knowledge of DAU weapon system development life cycle to include: prototyping and product development phases, execution of technical reviews, and verification and validation testing.
U.S. Citizenship is required, due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements.
Must possess a Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Systems or Mechanical engineering or related field with 10 years of experience.
- Possess technical, analytical and problem solving skills, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of DoD 5000.02 Army weapon system acquisition document development. Knowledge of a range of ACAT Levels (I-III) and development phases: Engineering Manufacturing Development, production, sustainment.
- Experience in the use of the Internet and web based database applications.
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include: MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with others.
- Ability to Travel up to 10% of time.