Associate Scientific Liaison, Spanish (872-679)
6 days left
- Full Time
The Associate Scientific Liaison is a non-supervisory, deadline-driven position responsible for performing scientific review of translated technical content related to pharmaceutical articles. The function requires critical evaluation of manufacturing and quality standards and other related documents that have been translated into Spanish to ensure accuracy, quality, clarity, and consistency of the scientific content. The incumbent communicates with scientists and editorial USP staff, as needed, to resolve issues related to scientific validity of the content. The incumbent also researches relevant documents, including scientific literature in efforts to justify decisions made on translated scientific content and in preparation for material to be presented to a bilingual panel of experts for review and approval.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Edits, and proofreads scientific content of USP-NF, and other USP documents translated into Spanish for scientific accuracy.
- Assists in planning the workflow process for translation and scientific revision
- Translates USP scientific documents as necessary.
- Identifies deficiencies and suggests corrective actions for consideration by senior USP staff.
- Identifies errors in chemical names of drug substances and formulas and suggests corrective actions, including the maintenance of errata system in English and Spanish.
- Compiles new entries to include in a English-Spanish scientific glossary to be reviewed and approved by senior staff and the bilingual expert panel
- Makes style recommendations to Spanish Editorial Group.
- Researches scientific literature in Spanish and English to resolve issues with unclear text.
- Assists in the creation of specific glossaries, and preparation of supporting material for review and approval by senior staff and a bilingual expert panel.
- Communicates with Scientific staff as needed to ensure accuracy, quality and clarity of the translated text.
- Assists in maintenance of the guidance documents for editorial style.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and developments in related scientific fields
- Performs other duties related to scientific translation/edition as required/assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, or Biochemistry with minimum of five years of experience in the field of pharmaceuticals, preferably in an industrial manufacturing setting or a regulatory authority, working with USP-NF analytical methods and standards, or other compendial standards or Master's degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, or Biochemistry with minimum of two years of experience in the field of pharmaceutical industry or a regulatory authority, working with USP-NF analytical methods and standards, or other compendial standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and fluency in English.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of physicochemical analysis, bioassays, and microbiology for pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrated experience working with technical documents in Spanish.
- Professional experience translating technical documentation in a field related to pharmaceuticals
- Comprehensive understanding of the science involved in the development of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, dietary supplements, or related reference materials is required.
- Practical experience in scientific, analytical techniques.
- Experience working in good manufacturing practices/quality assurance environment. Familiarity with ISO standards.
- Able to establish and nurture relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds and learning styles. Able to operate independently where appropriate, yet understands when to escalate issues and how to establish effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of chemical composition, properties of drug substances, and chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- Capability to undertake in depth investigations, collecting complex data, using a variety of different approaches, in order to reach conclusions about specific scientific English-Spanish translated documents within the field of pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to withstand tight deadlines in a multi-tasking working environment.
- Must be able to share technical information with non-technical or non-scientific staff.
- Previous knowledge working with CAT tools (desirable) in translation and revision projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capabilities.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular