Coordinator, Learning and Development
The Learning and Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting key learning and development initiatives, training registration and logistics, and administering the organization’s Learning and Development systems to meet the needs of CI’s global workforce. S/he will administer and manage the learning management system and content from both internal and external sources, and will develop processes and standards for managing and evaluating content, and for providing reporting, analysis and metrics-related data as needed.
The position will also focus on Learning and Development communications to a global audience through the development of digital newsletters, the support and ongoing maintenance for an online learning and development site, and internal social media postings on L&D topics. S/he will manage logistics around orientation, classroom trainings or other key talent management meetings and activities. The Coordinator will create and manage online resources and sites to support active use of learning programs, including marketing, positioning and dissemination of learning and career development materials. Reporting to the Senior Director of Talent Development, the Coordinator works closely with staff in HR to support learning and talent development content and programs that support the professional development of CI staff around the world.
Learning Management System
- Administer the learning management system (LMS) for staff development and compliance training.
- Handle customer support for the LMS and coordination with vendor as needed to resolve user issues.
- Partner with internal teams to support training management across the organization.
- Develop training decks or other support materials to support use of the system.
- Test online learning prototypes, support expanded use of the learning management system across the organization, support system upgrades and changes.
- Mentoring program administration-develop communications, timelines and activities to support matching of mentors and mentees, and events in support of the mentoring program.
- Global Onboarding and orientation-manage the tools, processes utilized in the CI Global New Employee Orientation. Support the communications, logistics and delivery of the CI Orientation program in headquarters.
- Manage eCornell, Rosetta Stone vendor relationships, manage registrations in the program, support users, and provide reporting as required.
Training and Event Management
- Training registrar and wait list monitoring and evaluation of learning programs.
- Training logistics and support for face-to-face, and virtual learning activities-management of conference rooms, external vendor contracts, logistics and payment, catering and audio/visual needs as required.
- Coordinating with learning and fellows program-related vendors, paying invoices, monitoring contracts etc.
- Support for Talent Management initiatives-may include support for talent mapping, succession, leadership development and other programmatic activities. May include support for 360 degree evaluations.
Communications and Knowledge Management
- Manage L&D Communications-updates to all sections of the L&D intranet site, regular posts to Yammer, and technical lead for publishing the quarterly L&D digital newsletter.
- Ensure that CI creates and maintains an active library of on-demand resources for the professional development of global staff at all levels
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- This position is based in CI-Headquarters in Arlington, VA
- Normal office environment
- Extended hours may occasionally be needed to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with a global audience. Comfort with public speaking helpful.
- Superb computer skills are required for this independent work.
- Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably with some coursework in Human Resources, Training and Development or Communications.
- Two to five years of work experience requiring use of organizational skills, customer service skill, training and computer software. Learning Management System experience helpful, but not required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn and use the Talent Management system.
- Strong knowledge of MS Sharepoint, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Word preferred.
- Experience with technology-assisted learning software applications desirable, including, but not limited to, Learning Management Systems, on-line survey tools or eLearning development tools.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to achieve results.
- Ability to work effectively with numerous people and personalities.
- Uses initiative and attention to detail skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong willingness to learn.
- Highly organized and self-directed, with a proven ability to multitask.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development or Communications