Medical Call Center Specialist
- Proficient with office, computer and telephone equipment as used by practice
- Professionally, and in a timely manner, handle incoming calls from patients and physician offices calling to schedule/reschedule and confirm appointments at the different locations
- Enroll new patients and send out new patient packets
- Provide assistance to patients regarding patient portal registration and navigation
- Verify insurance eligibility
- Screen calls, takes messages and transfer calls to appropriate areas.
- Must be able to understand and comply with practice policies and procedures
- Provide back-up coverage for receptionists when needed
- Maintain performance and quality standards based on established call center metrics including average speed of answer and handling times.
- Identify any trends related to incoming or outgoing calls that may provide policy or process improvements to support excellent customer service and quality improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required (some college preferred)
- Two years of Call Center Customer Service experience, preferably in a healthcare or insurance environment
- Medical Office/Receptionist experience or insurance background a bonus
- Knowledge of NextGen Practice Management System (EHR) helpful
- Bi-lingual Spanish-English a bonus
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Must have a positive, cooperative and motivated attitude
- Must have the ability to adapt and maintain focus in fast paced, quickly changing and stressful environment.
- Ability to interact well with co-workers, staff, administration, patients, physicians, the public and all internal and external customers in a professional and effective, courteous and tactful manner, at all times, verbally and in all written and electronic communication
- Exceptional time management and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional service and quality skills
As a valuable member, you will be eligible for a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive, experienced based pay.
- Medical/Dental/Flexible Spending Benefits.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- ...and more!