Software Engineer - Kiosk
Securiport LLC is a US company based in Washington, DC, that specializes in the design and implementation of passenger biometric recognition, immigration processing, and intelligent information reporting and management systems based on advanced technological solutions. Securiport provides a complete immigration processing solution and analytics to maintain border security. Services include technical analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of Securiport’s software solutions, training, and technical support to the field operations.
You will report to the IICS Technical Lead, and will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing, integrating, and testing functionality for our kiosk-based border security solutions. You’ll work across the software lifecycle with the CTO, the Chief Software Architect, and the hardware design engineers to deliver a variety of solutions on the kiosk platform. You will be given the opportunity to create new intellectual property and patentable technology.
You will be working in a hybrid Agile based software development with some waterfall elements, with a strong bias toward Scrum and Kanban. You will have demonstrated proficiency with development on MS Windows and experience building software that interfaces with hardware devices through USB and at the driver level.
KIOSK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug software for the kiosk platform
- Contribute to planning and review throughout the software lifecycle as required
- Follow the development teams’ standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle and suggest improvements
- Use automation to increase efficiency of the software development and testing processes
- Correct program errors, prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls
- Provide technical support to presentations and demonstrations for clients and management
- Create novel concepts that contribute to Securiport’s portfolio of intellectual property
These skills are required:
- Experience with C# and .NET programming on Windows
- Experience with developing code that interacts with hardware devices (USB or socket based)
- Demonstrated technical working experience with small (3-10 members) Agile teams
- Demonstrated experience developing production software
- Experience with full lifecycle software development - requirements, design, development, test, and delivery
- Experience with modern build, integration, and deployment technologies and principles
- Experience using Web Services through APIs (i.e. REST)
- Basic understanding of relational databases and NoSQL databases
Any or all of these skills are desired:
- Experience with microcontroller firmware development
- Experience with biometric capture devices such as cameras, fingerprint scanners, document scanners, or iris scanners
- Experience interacting with credit card readers and printers
- Experience with development using Python
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited college
Experience: 2 or more years’ experience in software development
Other: Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. Only local candidates will be considered.